How do you define love? Is it a feeling or an action, a verb or a noun? Can love be found in the series of kind and romantic words shared with a person, in sharing of luxurious gifts or in daily actions and reactions geared towards making the life of someone else better?
Love is all these and even more!
It is time to love and be loved in return. So, enjoy these interesting but deep insights into what love is and how it should be expressed.
“A true relationship is two imperfect people refusing to give up on each other.”
- Unconditional love refuses to say no even when it seems like the love fire is going down. Only a little spark is sufficient to get the love burning again.
“Love is not about how much you can say, ‘I love you,’ but how much you can prove that it is true.”
- You have not loved until you have expressed it.
“Never give up on someone you can’t go a day without thinking about.”
- It will be foolishness to lose someone you love, just because you are too scared or proud to do all you need to do to keep the person.
“A strong relationship requires choosing to love each other even in those moments when you struggle to like each other.”
- True love is simply unrelenting.
“Love is not about how many days, weeks or months you have been together, it’s all about how much you love each other.”
“Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it meaning.”
- This is true because love is not selfish. It is best seen and enjoyed when expressed.
“We fall in love by chance, we stay in love by choice.”
“Real men do not love the most beautiful girl in the world, they love the girl who can make their world the most beautiful.”
- Don’t love for just beauty. Beauty fades. Stay with the one who is truly committed to you and to your wellbeing.
“Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind” – William Shakespeare
- True Love does not just look at the form of the person. It appreciates the entirety of the individual.
“Physical attractions are common, but a real mental connection is rare. If you find it, hold onto it.”
- There is more to real love than physical attraction.
“Love doesn’t make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.”
- Love doesn’t preclude anyone from life’s challenges, but where there is love, challenges are often surmountable.
“Love is like a rubber band held at both ends by two people. When one leaves, it hurts the other.”
- It takes the two parties in love to make it work.
“Relationships last long not because they are destined to last long but because two brave people made a choice to keep it, fight for it and to work for it.
- Challenges and trials would always come in life. Relationships work, not because there aren’t trials, but because the people in it stay committed to the wellbeing of one another and work at bettering themselves.
Let’s make love what it should be. Don’t just say it. Act it. Do it and work it. Show love the right way. Happy Valentine’s Day!